Do something different for pizza night this week! Skip the grease, delivery charge and tip – make homemade Mexican pizza with the kids instead. This also is a great way to use leftover taco meat.
- 1 1/2c Warm Water
- 1 Package Instant Yeast
- 1/2T Honey (or sugar or agave nectar)
- 1T Homemade Taco Seasonings (recipe below)
- 1T Olive Oil
- 3 cups Thrive White or Whole Wheat Flour
Combine warm water, yeast and honey and let rest for 5 minutes. Add oil, taco seasonings and 2 cups flour to yeast mixture. Continue adding flour, 1/4c at a time, until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Knead for 10 minutes. Roll the dough into a ball, put it into a greased bowl, and cover with a damp towel. Let rise for 1 hour. While the dough rises, make your sauce and prepare the toppings:
- 1/3c Thrive Instant Black Beans
- 1/3c Thrive Instant Pinto Beans
- 1T Thrive Tomato Powder
- 1/4t Salt
- 1c Water
- *Optional: replace 1/4c of the water with 1/4c of your favorite salsa
Combine all ingredients in large microwave safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 2 minutes or until beans are soft and liquid is absorbed. Puree in blender.
- 1c Thrive Taco TVP
- 1T Thrive Chopped Onions
- 2T Homemade Taco Seasonings
- 1c Water
- 1c Shredded Cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, or Mexican cheese)
- Your favorite taco toppings: lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, salsa, guacamole, olives, chopped onions
Bring water to a boil, then add taco TVP and onions. Simmer for 10 minutes. Drain any excess water, then stir in seasonings and set aside.
To assemble your pizza, grease a large cookie sheet. Stretch your pizza dough to fit your cookie sheet. Spread the pureed two bean sauce over the crust, top with the prepared taco mixture, then sprinkle with cheese. Bake in 350 oven for 18-22 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Garnish with your favorite taco toppings and serve!
- 4T Chili Powder
- 2T Ground Cumin
- 1T Paprika
- 1T Cayenne
- 1T Mexican Oregano
- 1T Onion Powder
- 1T Garlic Powder
- 1/2T Salt
- 1/2T Cayenne (optional – use if you want spicy seasoning)
Mix all seasonings. Store in an air tight container. Use 2 to 3 tablespoons of seasoning mix per 1lb meat or beans.